£500 Free Electricity Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. All existing Electric Ireland customers and those who sign up to switch are entered to
the monthly competition.
2. The prize draw is open every calendar month. The winner will be randomly selected
by the 10th of the following calendar month, to which the competition relates, e.g.
January winner will be selected by 10th February.
3. The prize is £500 free electricity, it will be received in the 4 instalments. First
credit/code (depending on meter type) will be issued when the customer is called to
inform them, they are a winner. Below is a schedule for payments to a winner
selected in January 2018:
|Payment||Amount||Winner selected||Instalment received by|
|1st||£125||Jan 2018||February 2018|
|2nd||£125||Jan 2018||June 2018|
|3rd||£125||Jan 2018||Oct 2018|
|4th||£125||Jan 2018||February 2019|
The prizes are non-exchangeable, and a cash alternative is not available.
4. If the winner chooses to change supplier during the payment duration, the remaining
prize is forfeited.
5. One winner will be selected at random from all entries and by the 10th of the
following month, to which the competition prize draw relates. Contact will be made
with the winner.
6. Subsequent written notification may be sent by post. Failure to respond within 3
weeks of first correspondence will result in the prize being forfeited.
7. The competition is organised by Electric Ireland, 1st Floor, 1 Cromac Quay, The
Gasworks, Belfast, BT7 2JD
8. To be eligible to participate in the competition you must either be an Electric Ireland
customer or switch during the competition dates for the month the competition
9. There is no cash alternative.
10. Only 1 entry per Electric Ireland customer account.
11. Electric Ireland will collect and use the winners’ names, photographs (if approved by
winner) and general location for publicity and news purposes during this and future
promotions by Electric Ireland or any associated or subsidiary company Electric
Ireland or the ESB. No fees of any kind will be paid to the winners for any publicity.
We will also publish the winners’ names and countries of origin in order to comply
with rules set by the Committees of Advertising Practice and regulated by the
Advertising Standards Authority.
12. This prize draw is not open to Electric Ireland employees or their family members or
those of its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with
the competition. Furthermore, Electric Ireland reserves the right to disqualify any
entries which it deems, in its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the
13. Electric Ireland is not responsible for problems with entries caused by any factors
outside its control.
14. Electric Ireland excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or
damage caused to the winner arising out of the prize.
15. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions and the winner is
responsible for ensuring that any such terms and conditions are complied with (and
shall bear the cost of such compliance).
16. By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to warrant all information submitted
by it as true, current and complete.
17. Electric Ireland reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition or these Terms
& Conditions at any time without prior notice.
18. Electric Ireland assumes that by entering the competition or using this website, the
entrant warrants that it has legal capacity to enter the competition and agrees to
these Terms & Conditions.
19. If there is any dispute regarding these Terms & Conditions, conduct, results and all
other matters relating to the competition, the decision of Electric Ireland shall be
final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with any entrants.