Electric Ireland are part of the ESB Group who also own NIE Networks, Coolkeeragh Power Station and a number of wind farms across Northern Ireland. We are the largest energy provider on the island of Ireland, with a long-established reputation for dedicated customer care.
Switch Online or call us on 0345 600 5335 (Monday - Friday 08.30 - 19.00) and we will be happy to switch your electricity supply to us.
What you'll need when switching electricity supplier
If you are a Billpay Customer you will need the following:
- Your MPRN (Meter Point Reference Number) - Your MPRN can be found on the top right of your electricity bill from your current supplier and will be used to confirm your address.
If you have recently moved into a new home the easiest way to get your new MPRN is from the landlord or previous owner. If you are moving into a house that has just been built you might have to contact NIE networks to get your MPRN.
- Your most recent electricity bills -You will need at least two previous bills to help us calculate your fixed monthly payment amount (if you choose to pay by direct debit). If you have more than 2 bills this will improve the accuracy of the estimate.
- Your bank account details -Direct Debit is required to switch online. (Only a United Kingdom bank account can be used for switching online).
- Your meter reading – Providing your current meter reading will help us to process your switch faster.
If you are a Keypad Meter Customer you will need the following:
- Your keypad number - Your Keypad Number is a 19 digit number, you will find this on the front of your keypad meter top up card.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback