Electric Ireland and UCD long-running Business Breakfast event returns onMay 5, 2021, with what promises to be a lively discussion on how businesses can embrace sustainability in their supply chains.
Now in its 19th year, this partnership sees advisors from the UCD Smurfit Marketing Development Programme organise and host a business event with support from Electric Ireland. The webinar discussion will tackle the issue of sustainable supply chain management for businesses and how they can adapt their operations to more sustainable practices, managing the social and financial implications.
This is an issue that is important to both businesses and wider society as we all navigate our way towards a low-carbon future.
The master of ceremonies for the event is Newstalk and Irish Independent journalist Sineád Ryan. A panel discussion will hear from leading contributors in the sustainability space including:
- Ali Sheridan, Senior Sustainability and Climate Advisor
- Sian Young, Head of People & Planet at Britvic
- Mark Pagell, Professor in Sustainable Supply Chain Management at UCD
What can you expect:
- Discussion on challenges and opportunities for businesses in the sustainable management of supply chains and practical ways to address climate action
- A key focus on how businesses are now in a changing corporate landscape where sustainability is not just a demand of customers but also regulators, investors, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- How sustainability issues have changed and will evolve further over the coming years
- The impact of Brexit on supply chain management and why sustainability still needs to be a core principle
We hope you can take the time to join us for this really insightful discussion. We would like to give thanks to all the advisors in the Marketing Development Programme who have pulled together an exemplary event all whilst working remotely.
Watch the webinar on the Electric Ireland YouTube channel from May 5.
Follow Electric Ireland on social media: Twitter: @ElectricIrelandNI