Customer Service Guarantees
Electric Ireland Codes of practice for Residential customers
We are committed to providing you with high levels of customer service.
You can read our commitment to you below.
Code of Practice: Billing and payments (PDF) Code of Practice: Complaints handling (PDF) Code of Practice: Services for Pay As You Go keypad meter customers (PDF) Code of Practice: Services for vulnerable persons (PDF) Code of Practice: Efficient use of electricity (PDF) Residential customer charter (PDF)
Customer Charter for Business customers
Electric Ireland Customer Service Charter Commitment to Service and Value
Electric Ireland is the independent supply business of ESB Group. Electric Ireland is committed to offering our customers the best available advice and a flexible expert service. This commitment to service is the hallmark of Electric Ireland's offering to businesses throughout Ireland.
How Electric Ireland's customer service standards can benefit your business
Energy supply is critical to the success of your business. It impacts on all areas of your operations and in many instances is one of your key costs. The energy solutions we provide are tailored to meet the unique needs of each business. Electric Ireland provides information, removes the complexities and risks of the electricity market, and empowers you to make quality decisions about your electricity supply.
Electric Ireland aims to achieve all of the standards listed below in 100% of all cases.
|Quotation Process ||Will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest. We will contact you within three working days for specific information in order to prepare a quotation. |
|Customer Registration ||We will issue a request for the registration of your site: |
- within one working day for immediate transfers or
- not less than 5 working days before the contract start date for fixed date transfers. The registration process is handled entirely by Electric Ireland staff on your behalf. We will liaise directly with the relevant meter registration system authorities (NIE Networks in NI) to ensure a seamless transfer.
|Appointments ||Appointment requests: |
Will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest. We will contact you to schedule an appointment within three working days.
If we have to change an appointment we will give you at least one working day's notice.
|Contract Renewals ||We will contact customers in advance of their contract end date, where appropriate, in order to prepare a competitive renewal offer. |
|Billing ||Bill Accuracy |
Your bill will be 100% accurate using the metering data from the relevant meter operator.
On Time Billing
Once Electric Ireland have received your full set of consumption readings from the relevant meter operator, and have received market charges from the Single Electricity Market if appropriate, we will issue your bill within three working days.
|Account Enquiries ||Will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest. We will issue a substantive response within five working days. |
|Meter Reading Enquiries ||Will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest. We will issue a substantive response within five working days. |
|Complaints ||Will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest. We will issue a substantive response within five working days. |
|General Enquiries |
|Correspondence will be acknowledged within one working day advising you who will be dealing with you and when. |
Quotation Process Commitment
When you contact Electric Ireland for a supply quotation our customer care team will offer your business a range of flexible pricing options to suit your needs.
- Quotation requests will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest.
- We will make contact within three working days for specific information in order to prepare your quotation.
- Customers will be contacted in advance of their contract's end date, where appropriate, to help prepare a competitive renewal offer.
Electric Ireland aims to provide you with the most competitive pricing possible. Electric Ireland's pricing options range from fully inclusive unit rates (covering both energy and other electricity price components) to an energy-only price structure (with other electricity price components passed through).
Your quotation, based on the information you supply to us, will be provided in a clear and simple format. We will endeavour to work with you to provide a flexible solution to meet your needs.
Customer registration Commitment
- We will issue a request for registration of your site, after receiving formal acceptance of your Electric Ireland Supply Contract
- within one working day for immediate transfers
- not less than 5 working days before the contract start date for fixed date transfers
- The registration process is handled entirely by Electric Ireland staff on your behalf. We will liaise directly with the relevant meter registration system authorities (NIE Networks in NI) to ensure a seamless transfer
This involves submitting a Change of Supplier Request to the appropriate authority, followed by the relevant Distribution System Operator checking that the correct metering is in place.
The date of registration is your supply commencement date after which Electric Ireland becomes your supplier. All new Electric Ireland customers will receive a Welcome Pack.
- Electric Ireland bills will be 100% accurate, subject to the accuracy of the metering data received from the relevant meter operator.
- Once Electric Ireland has received your full set of consumption readings from the relevant meter operator, and have received market charges from the Single Electricity Market if appropriate, we will issue your bill within three working days.
- Billing and account enquiries will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest. detailed responses to account and billing enquiries will be provided within five working days in cases where further investigation is required.
- You will be updated on progress on metering enquiries that require information from the relevant authorities.
Flexible billing arrangements are a feature of Electric Ireland's service. To suit your needs, these arrangements can include:
Interval customers are billed in line with the availability of the relevant meter readings provided to Electric Ireland by NIE Networks. Where meters cannot be read by NIE Networks, an estimated bill is sent, based on previous consumption. This will be corrected with the next actual reading.
- Calendar month billing
- Fixed-date billing on a specific date each month
- Four-weekly cycle billing
- Consolidated billing for group accounts
- Direct debit, electronic fund transfer
- Online Electronic Billing Information System
Customer relationships Commitment
Our relationship with you is very important to us. Every Electric Ireland customer is provided with a dedicated contact telephone number as advertised on your bill. You will receive a quick and effective response to any enquiry. Customer Relationship Managers head an experienced customer care team whose responsibility is to advise on cost effective energy usage, customise the service to suit current and future needs and help create value for your business.
- Appointment requests will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest
- We will contact you within three working days to schedule an appointment
- If Electric Ireland has to change an appointment, we will give you at least one working day's notice.
They will introduce you to an extensive range of services and new technologies designed to reduce your electricity costs, including:
Appointments with Customer Relationship Managers can be easily scheduled by telephone or email.
- Energy Management Software Package - tailored to your individual needs and designed to help reduce costs.
- Energy Efficiency Audits – these can be carried out on utilities, lighting, production processes and your equipment (motive power) to help you to make energy management decisions
- Power Quality Services - which is the concept of arranging the power supply to sensitive electronic equipment to protect it against power disturbances such as voltage dips, spikes, power outages, harmonics and electrical noise
- Handling Network Problems - Electric Ireland has a comprehensive knowledge of the electricity network systems in NI and has considerable experience in dealing with NIE Networks on a customer's behalf.
General enquiry responses Commitment
Most enquiries can be dealt with on the phone. If you telephone us outside our office opening hours please leave a detailed message and you will be contacted the next working day.
- All telephone calls received at Electric Ireland will be answered in a professional and courteous manner
- All enquiries received via telephone or firstname.lastname@example.org will be acknowledged immediately
- All written enquiries will be acknowledged within one working day
- Enquiries needing further investigation will receive a substantive response within five working days
- Out-of-hours messages will be dealt with the next working day
General enquiries can be made directly to our Customer Care Teams at 0800 056 9914 or by using the designated telephone number advertised on your bill.
To find out how your business can benefit from Electric Ireland's service you can write to us at our Belfast office or send your enquiry via email to email@example.com
If you have a complaint please do the following:
- Complaints will be acknowledged within one working day at the latest.
- Detailed responses to complaints will be provided within ten working days in cases where further investigation is required.
Contact your Customer Relationship Manager directly
Phone our Customer Care Teams
Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at our Belfast office.
Our aim is to resolve your complaint to your complete satisfaction. All customer complaints are escalated to a designated Customer Care Agent who will contact you to discuss the issue further. In instances where further investigation is required, we will issue you with a substantive response within ten working days.
If you are still unhappy after giving us the opportunity to resolve your complaint you can contact the following:
Northern Ireland - Consumer Council for Northern Ireland.
The Consumer Council for Northern Ireland is an independent body with statutory responsibilities to represent the interests of electricity consumers, including taking up complaints on electricity.
Contacting Electric Ireland Customer Care
Tel: NI 0800 056 9914
1 Cromac Quay,
Belfast BT7 2JB,
The Consumer Council
28-32 Alfred Street
Complaints line: 0800 121 6022