In the event of an emergency or if you smell gas, you should take the following precautions…
- Turn off all gas appliances
- Do not smoke or use naked flames
- Do not touch any electrical plug/light switches
- Open all doors and windows
- Turn off gas supply at tank, cylinder or meter
If you do smell gas, call the 24 hour Northern Ireland Gas Emergency Service on
0800 002 001.
If you cannot get through, you need to call 999 or 112 or the PSNI - Police Service Northern Ireland.
Do not use a phone near the leak. Go outside or use a neighbour’s phone instead.
If you need to open your gas meter cabinet door, you can order a meter key by calling 0800 056 9914 or emailing email@example.com
- Did this answer your question?