If you are moving out of your premises and will not be opening up a new Electric Ireland account then you should fill in our closing account form. You will need the following information to complete the form…
- Name on Electric Ireland account
- Contact telephone number
- Electric Ireland account number
- Date the account closes
- The final meter reading(s) * How to read your meter
- The forwarding address for your final bill including telephone and email details
- The new occupant's name and phone number **
*Meter readings on your moving out date should only be supplied by occupiers of premises not equipped with SMART meters.
** If you do not know the details of the new occupier of the premises, please supply the details of the landlord or management company where available.
Agree a transfer meter reading
We try to avoid disconnecting the electricity supply when there is a simple change of occupancy. That's why we ask that you agree a transfer meter reading(s) with the incoming occupant.
This will be used to send you a final bill and open the new occupant's account on an agreed date.
If you need to arrange for the electricity supply to be completely disconnected, you should contact NIE Networks. Disconnection may be necessary in the following circumstances…
- A fire has occurred in the building
- The building is to be refurbished
- The building is unoccupied and may be a safety hazard
- The building is to be demolished
How much will it cost?
You can find details of charges for additional services on the NI Regulator's website.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback